Friday, August 21, 2009

The City Paper

Last night, as I was eating a bowl of ramen by myself with only the City Paper to keep me company, I came across the "I Love You, I Hate You" column. It is a section of the newspaper where people can send their thoughts anonymously, and allow you the reader for one moment to imagine the text written was personally for you. At least, I wanted the text below to be addressed to me (and I wish I could address it to the one person who makes me happy)...

"Today your horoscope said "You're one of a kind. You think you can't possibly be that unique, but you are. You're seeing the world differently than anyone else is seeing it". And it's true. You are one of a kind. For that, and so many reasons more, I love you. I look up to you. You are perhaps the most clever person I have ever met and the conversation is never dry. Try not to worry so much because you are wonderful. You look wonderful. You smell wonderful, except for your breath sometimes, but I will still kiss you anyway stinker. Your life is in your own hands so don't worry about being in control of it because you are. The decisions you make will lead you to where you belong and I highly doubt that will be a boring or unfulfilling place. I can't wait for our awesome underwater pool party wedding! Love you always and forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment