Friday, August 21, 2009

Fortune Cookies (without the calories!)


Fortune Cookies

Work with your destiny. Stop trying to outrun it.

I guess this fortune cookie dictates my life at the moment. I have spent the last 2 days and will spend most of today working on a project (one of four) geared towards my dissertation. However, I have made up my mind. This is my destiny - to get a Ph.D. - and then figure out what that means for me. No amount of grumbling, whining, or thinking thoughts that run contrary to this idea is going to help me. It's simply a matter of sitting myself down on this hard library chair, running data simulations and writing up my interpretations that is going to get me out of here. That, or choosing to take myself out of a program - one that I have struggle to keep myself in the past four years.


No comments:

Post a Comment