Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Naïve

Sometimes, other people teach me real life lessons - they offer me a window into their world from which I learn about myself simply through listening as I navigate their reality with them. Today's example was particularly poignant to me. It was a story about communication - how two people can communicate and have very different needs. This individual was in great pain wondering if she had tried everything possible. The truth is - she has done as much as was possible for her - and that's okay. It does not mean that things will resolve because you have tried everything. It simply means there is nothing else left to try. It does not mean anything less of the individual; it simply states that those two people are different. Nothing naïve or simple-minded about it.

1 comment:

  1. I have been in this situation many times and I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete