Monday, November 15, 2010

If a woman is not happy with herself, she will bring pain to everyone around her -- Ice T, "Good Hair"

Be happy with yourself - and people will not feel "pain" being around you.

I learned this lesson the hard way.

Now, I see how not being happy with myself can be "painful" for everyone around me.

Yes, now that I am beginning to accept myself and be happy for who I am - my thoughts, emotions, appearance, quirks...

I see. I see how differently people behave around me.

They don't have to watch what they say to me out of fear of my feelings.
They don't have to hold back their own emotions and concerns.
They don't have to be someone they are not.

By accepting myself, and being happy, I open them to the possibility of they accepting themselves as they are to me - thus, less painful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment